1. Understands the research process is dynamic and begins with building background knowledge.
2. Recognizes there are different types of information used for different purposes.
3. Refines a broad research topic into a focused research question.
4. Locates appropriate resources using search functionality and strategies.
5. Chooses information sources based on criteria appropriate to the situation.
6. Values facts and multiple lenses in reviewing and selecting information resources.
7. Uses information ethically and legally.