CCBC Library offers a variety of online licensed content that may be linked to Brightspace including articles, E-books, streaming videos, research guides and LibraryLearn. This is an easy way to provide copyrighted materials with students in compliance with copyright laws. You also need to worry about authentication issues.
Click an option below to find instructions on how to add links for:
To locate a URL for a Research Guide:
1. Click on the Research Guides box in the Library homepage.
2. Once you've located a guide you wish to use, copy the URL. If you are in the list view, you can right click on the guide title and copy the link. If the guide is open, copy the URL that is in the address bar or at the bottom of the libguide page.
You can include an external link within the Content, Discussions, or Assessments areas. Library links should always open in an external window and can be added to a module, topic, subtopic or assessment. You cannot create an external link to open directly from the Table of Contents; however, you can create a module for Table of Contents that includes a library link or other useful external links.
After selecting a library resource and locating the URL, within Brightspace, select the area you wish to add the link.
1. Click Upload/Create in the module menu.
2. Select Create a Link.
3. In the popup window, enter a title and copy/paste or type in the URL. Check the box next to "Open as External Resource." While you cannot track the student progress of the link, you could track the content area in which the link is located. Click on Create.
4. If you want to include instructions or a description for the external library link, click on the context menu arrow next to the link title on the content page. Choose "Edit Properties In-place."
5. You can add dates and restrictions and a description that the student will see on the content page.