There are two options for uploading LibraryLEARN links into Brightspace, LTI links and Direct links. LTI links allow Brightspace to communicate directly with the LibraryLEARN activities like quizzes. When you use an LTI link you can pull certain analytics like time spent, participation, and even grades from quizzes directly into your gradebook.
Direct links on the otherhand are just regular URLs that provide access to the activities.
With LibraryLEARN, you might consider using direct links for non-graded activities like tutorials and videos, and an LTI link for quizzes.
Below are the instructions for finding the LTI links and Direct links from LibraryLEARN and how to implement them in Brightspace. While you can pick and choose from the many activities within LibraryLEARN, you library liaisons are also available to create specific modules for you and curate activities for your course, or specific assignments. Here are some examples:
CCBC Library offers a variety of online licensed content that may be linked to Brightspace including articles, E-books, streaming videos, research guides and LibraryLearn. This is an easy way to provide copyrighted materials with students in compliance with copyright laws. You also need to worry about authentication issues.
Click an option below to find instructions on how to add links for:
1. Locate the LibraryLEARN for Faculty Research Guide.
2. Locate the module you need and the activity you want to load into Brightspace.
3. You can copy either the LTI link by high-lighting the link, right clicking, and selecting copy. Or use the Copy URL button to copy a direct link to the activity.
You can include an external link within the Content, Discussions, or Assessments areas. Library links should always open in an external window and can be added to a module, topic, subtopic or assessment. You cannot create an external link to open directly from the Table of Contents; however, you can create a module for Table of Contents that includes a library link or other useful external links.
After selecting a library resource and locating the URL, within Brightspace, select the area you wish to add the link.
How to embed an LTI link:
1. Click Existing Activities in the module menu.
2. Select External Learning Tools
3. In the next window, at the very bottom click on Create New LTI Link.
4. Next enter in the Title for the activity, and the LTI link you copied from the LibraryLEARN for Faculty Research Guide. *The Tool information will auto-populate once you have entered in the LTI link. Click on Create and Insert. Your activity now appears in your course module.
How to embed a Direct Link:
1. Click Upload/Create in the module menu.
2. Select Create a Link.
3. In the popup window, enter a title and copy/paste or type in the URL. Check the box next to "Open as External Resource." While you cannot track the student progress of the link, you could track the content area in which the link is located. Click on Create.
4. If you want to include instructions or a description for the external library link, click on the context menu arrow next to the link title on the content page. Choose "Edit Properties In-place."
5. You can add dates and restrictions and a description that the student will see on the content page.