· Type: public, 4 year located in rural Chester County, Pennsylvania but only an hour from several major cities including: 45 miles from Philadelphia; 55 miles from Baltimore; and in Delaware, 25 miles from Wilmington and 15 miles from Newark.
· Size: 2,040 undergraduate students
· National Recognition
o Lincoln University is the first degree-granting Historically Black College and University.
o The Value Colleges organization has ranked Lincoln University as the No. 10 Historically Black College and University in the country.
· Admission Profile
o Applicants: 3,018
o Acceptance Rate: 86%
· Admission Requirements: application, transcripts, transfer certification form
· Admission Process: Lincoln Admission Application
· Deadlines: Fall: September 15th, Spring: July 1st
· Fees: no application fee
· Estimated Cost of Attendance 2019-2020
o Out-of-state undergraduate tuition and fees: $17,468
o Room and Board: $9, 829
o Total: $ 27,297
Financial Aid and Scholarships
· Types of Aid Available
· Transfer Specific Scholarships
o Lion Transfer Scholarship: $2,500
· Student/Teacher Ratio: 15:1 student-faculty ratio
· Programs; 30 programs, most popular programs include:
o Human Services
o Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia
o Criminal Justice
· Limited Admission Programs-have to apply separately or requires an audition
· Honors: Horace Mann Bond Honors Program
o Transfer students with less than 45 accepted credits may apply as long as they have a minimum 3.3 grade point average at the time of entry to Lincoln University.
o Transfer students that participated in recognized honors programs prior to enrolling at Lincoln University will be admitted to the Horace Mann Bond Honors Program on a case-by-case basis with approval of HMB Honors Program Director.
· Degree Completion: Six-year graduation rate: 47.1% (2013 cohort) Virtual Tour: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/9urMmzqsdzM
· Facebook: @LincolnUniversity
· Instagram: @lincolnuniversityofpa
· Twitter: @LincolnUofPA