Welcome to the Genealogy Research Guide!
Your starting point for locating genealogical resources.
1. Complete an ancestral chart with the information that you have.Use binders to organize your data.
2. Understand the numbering system of an ancestral chart.
3. Interview the oldest members of your family and ask them about their parents, grandparents, and siblings; use a family group sheet to record the information. Don't believe something in another family tree without verifying the information yourself.
4. Search your home for birth and death records, obituary cards, wedding invitations, graduation invitations, etc, and make photocopies and/or scan them.
5. Consider logging into a geneaology web site to keep track of your information.