How can you decide whether to use a particular website or not?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- When was the site updated?
- Is it current enough for your topic?
- Who is the creator or author? What are their credentials?
- Who is the publisher or sponsor? Are they reputable?
- What is the publisher's interest (if any) in this information?
- Is the information provided valuable to your research topic?
- Is content mostly opinion? Is it balanced?
- Does the site's creator provide references/sources for data or quotations?
- Are there advertisements on the website?
Purpose/Point of View
- Is this fact or opinion?
- Is it biased?
- Is the creator/author trying to sell you something?